Wednesday 11 May 2011

The Big JC...

...and not the guy in the sandals and sheets. Little girls dream of ponies and Prince Charming. Big girls dream of gorgeous heels. I am of course talking about Jimmy Choo, shoe god extraordinaire. This blog post stems from the lust of a good friend for a particular pair of Choos, which I instantly fell in love with as soon as I set eyes on them. These £650 angels to be precise...

Jimmy Choo, Lace and Patent Platform Patent Toe Sandal, £650.
Image taken from http://www.jimmychoo.com/pre-fall-11-collection/faith/invt/114faithlap/.




If I  had £650 to splash right now these would almost certainly be a front runner but, as always, I do not. A particular love of nandos, indian food, magazines and other small spends that mount up horribly prevent this, as well as all the bills entailed in living on one's own.
The truth is, as soon as I looked at them they reminded me of one of the nicest pairs of shoes I have ever owned, they were my go-to pair and perfect for any occasion. Unfortunatly, somehow, I lost one on a messy night out for a friend's birthday, it was never seen again.


The high street is full of lace shoe options at the moment and most shops have them in some form or another, with almost every style from court shoe to welly available (I kid you not, lace print wellies)! So if you, like myself, adore these girly yet sophiscated heels you might wonder, where might I find shoes in a similar style at a lower price? Let The Style Liberation Society answer that question for you and offer the following selection of pairs which I particularly like...


Phase Eight offer these peeptoes, but still quite pricey at £89. I'm not so sure about the sequins but i do like the satiny trim around the edges. The only other detail i might fault is the beige of the heel being on show apart from that I think they are very sweet.They are very much in-keeping with Phase Eight's style, elegant but not too showy. There are no details on the item of how high the heel is, but they dont look massively tall. Perfect perhaps for a slightly older shopper or someone not quite as stable on skyscraper heels.
(http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_54510+750224050_-1?breadcrumb=Home%7Etxtlace%7EWomen%7EShoes+%26amp%3B+boots)


Next have the most adorable flats in black lace, and althought not heeled i will definately be considering these as a future purchase. (http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/shoesandboots/80/4?extra=sch&n=women&pid=973-712). At £23, I think they are reasonable. Their style is one which could lend equally well to daytime, perhaps with an A-line skirt or for a less dressy evening event like a meal or low key, dressed down clubbing. These are great to inject a bit of Jimmy Choo style into everyday wear.


Debut has these, more fun than elegant heels for £32.(http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10001_10001_050010457260_-1?CMP=OTC-GOOGLEPS) I love the more modern style to the lacey panels but the corset style back gives them a more gothic feel than many people would wear.


If you dont have the money to spend on shoes, or you will be ostracised by a loved one for bringing anoth pair home, lace tights are simple but effective way of introducing lace into your clothing without going the whole hog. I have recently seen lacey tights in Primark at their usual dirt cheap prices, but i particularly like these Daisy Lace Tights on ASOS for £10 (http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Daisy-Lace-Tight/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1261244&SearchQuery=lace%20tights&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=3&clr=Black).


Happy Shopping!
xKx


No comments:

Post a Comment